sundar99
05-03 10:01 AM
Suggest folks write back personal stories and ask the editor to highlight the need to raise Legal Immigration issues.. the writer has clearly expressed how the legal immigrants needs to be given consideration : Contact Jessie Mangaliman at jmangaliman@mercurynews. com or (408) 920-5794.
They are organising a counter protest against Illegal Immigrants rally :
Amnesty foes respond
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/special_packages/immigration_debate/14488543.htm
They are organising a counter protest against Illegal Immigrants rally :
Amnesty foes respond
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/special_packages/immigration_debate/14488543.htm
raamskl
10-04 08:30 PM
Thanks for sharing.
eb3India
05-21 11:56 AM
I am new here and I have few questions to IV core members.
Did we consider any other avenues find out is there any way out to influence DOS visa availability.
How did Nurses was able to accomodate their visa numbers without any bills are ammendments ( I know there is lot of demand for nurses)
you guys are doing a great job lobbying congressmen, but I think we should also consider finding out how current law if implemented properly can reduce the backlog and reduce retrogression.
for example we should make sure 245i case should not effect our visa numbers, I belive we can work these hurdles while we wait for current immigration debate to complete.
I called several senators last week and discussed with their immigration specialist, I got a feeling this debate is more about illegal aliens and about hispanic votes not many of them are considering legal aliens and issues.
Did we consider any other avenues find out is there any way out to influence DOS visa availability.
How did Nurses was able to accomodate their visa numbers without any bills are ammendments ( I know there is lot of demand for nurses)
you guys are doing a great job lobbying congressmen, but I think we should also consider finding out how current law if implemented properly can reduce the backlog and reduce retrogression.
for example we should make sure 245i case should not effect our visa numbers, I belive we can work these hurdles while we wait for current immigration debate to complete.
I called several senators last week and discussed with their immigration specialist, I got a feeling this debate is more about illegal aliens and about hispanic votes not many of them are considering legal aliens and issues.
Libra
09-14 04:00 PM
Pradhan is being interview on EBC radio....now
Whats the 30,000? I'm not listening
Whats the 30,000? I'm not listening
more...
NolaIndian32
08-06 01:07 PM
Received an email from CRIS stating that Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident. Those who are tracking approval, check out IV profile/tracker.
Hi Wandmaker,
Congratulations on getting your approval and green card.
Could you please decode your Case Number using the info in another thread on this site - and tell us what year and what day your case was received by the Service Center?
Thanks
Hi Wandmaker,
Congratulations on getting your approval and green card.
Could you please decode your Case Number using the info in another thread on this site - and tell us what year and what day your case was received by the Service Center?
Thanks
glus
10-19 08:28 AM
Dear friends,
I entered to US on 5th October 2009 on B1 visa and at POE I was given 3 months duration to stay.
I came here to write physical therapy licensing exam on 8th OCT (same is mentioned as an annotation on my B1 visa) and now I passed the exam and licensed.
Now a hospital is ready to file a H1B work visa for me through premium processing and they want me to start working for them immediately.
Dear friends, kindly let me know whether its safe to change the status within 15 days of my entry. And if not how many days should I delay the filing of H1B. I would like to change the status here without going back to my country for H1B.
And also whether this will have any future adverse effect when I file the immigrant petition. Thank you very much for your valuable advise in advance.John
Hello,
INA consists a section of "Presumption of Visa Fraud." It basically states that if a person who entered to the U.S. for the FIRST time and changed status to a different visa category while in the U.S. before 60 days in the initial status have passed, that person might have committed a visa fraud and intended to do it in the first place. Do a google search - "presumption of visa fraud 60 days." I am sure of this as I worked for an immigration law office and we had a few clients with the same problem. After 60 days since you had arrived, that should not be a problem; generally speaking. I would recommend you speak to an immigration attorney before doing it, or request a H-1B visa approval with H1b visa to be issued in your own country instead of changing status in the U.S. now.
I entered to US on 5th October 2009 on B1 visa and at POE I was given 3 months duration to stay.
I came here to write physical therapy licensing exam on 8th OCT (same is mentioned as an annotation on my B1 visa) and now I passed the exam and licensed.
Now a hospital is ready to file a H1B work visa for me through premium processing and they want me to start working for them immediately.
Dear friends, kindly let me know whether its safe to change the status within 15 days of my entry. And if not how many days should I delay the filing of H1B. I would like to change the status here without going back to my country for H1B.
And also whether this will have any future adverse effect when I file the immigrant petition. Thank you very much for your valuable advise in advance.John
Hello,
INA consists a section of "Presumption of Visa Fraud." It basically states that if a person who entered to the U.S. for the FIRST time and changed status to a different visa category while in the U.S. before 60 days in the initial status have passed, that person might have committed a visa fraud and intended to do it in the first place. Do a google search - "presumption of visa fraud 60 days." I am sure of this as I worked for an immigration law office and we had a few clients with the same problem. After 60 days since you had arrived, that should not be a problem; generally speaking. I would recommend you speak to an immigration attorney before doing it, or request a H-1B visa approval with H1b visa to be issued in your own country instead of changing status in the U.S. now.
more...
amsgc
07-03 08:01 AM
There is no such thing as an H-1B transfer - it is unfortunate that this word is used and it confuses people all the time.
Your company B has filed a new petition on our behalf to employ you with a request for:
- The petition to be not counted in the yearly cap
- Your status be extended till the end date on the new petition
Generally speaking:
Since you have already started working for the new employer, you MUST enter using the H-1B approval notice of the new employer (even if you use the visa stamped through the previous employer).
Regarding Mexico - never been there so I don't know how it works with the I-94.
Mine is not h1 extension but what is called transfer - Company A to company B. Can I not enter using Company A's documents as they did not cancel my h1b and wont cancel it either. Also I will get pay stub from them till jul 15 for work done till jun 20th.
Your company B has filed a new petition on our behalf to employ you with a request for:
- The petition to be not counted in the yearly cap
- Your status be extended till the end date on the new petition
Generally speaking:
Since you have already started working for the new employer, you MUST enter using the H-1B approval notice of the new employer (even if you use the visa stamped through the previous employer).
Regarding Mexico - never been there so I don't know how it works with the I-94.
Mine is not h1 extension but what is called transfer - Company A to company B. Can I not enter using Company A's documents as they did not cancel my h1b and wont cancel it either. Also I will get pay stub from them till jul 15 for work done till jun 20th.
shreekhand
07-26 10:06 PM
Dear Vikram,
Maybe you can list the sites you have configured to search in this custom search and we can suggest adding a few more if need be.
Nice work.
Maybe you can list the sites you have configured to search in this custom search and we can suggest adding a few more if need be.
Nice work.
more...
HRPRO
03-07 11:16 AM
You will retain your PD.
If your employer recalls the 140 it could casue potential disruptions. If you have an EAD, just port your employment to some other employer. That way you will be dealing with less hassles.
If your employer recalls the 140 it could casue potential disruptions. If you have an EAD, just port your employment to some other employer. That way you will be dealing with less hassles.
learning01
05-24 01:44 PM
Good job.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/images/2006/060523_A1_Still55192_a1immigrant.jpg
Fantastic job Salil. The idea of the poster was simply fabulous.
Keep it up!
S.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/images/2006/060523_A1_Still55192_a1immigrant.jpg
Fantastic job Salil. The idea of the poster was simply fabulous.
Keep it up!
S.
more...
randomdude
12-07 12:11 PM
There is no gain in waiting longer.
What is AC21? It exists due to immigration rules of limited PDs and backlogs which prolong the processing time of a 485 beyond 180 days. Since these delays are caused by their system, they have provided the option of switching employers as long as certain criteria is met.
As long as you meet the critieria you are all set. Waiting longer without meeting the criteria will be of no use and if you meet all the requirements of AC21, there is no reason to wait.
Thanks for replying KaiserSoze...nice name btw, hope you are not a figment of imagination like the one in the movie ;-)
I don't intend to be intrusive, but are you currently on EAD? Or do you plan to move to it?
I have also read at multiple places that the receipt date is the date from which we start counting 180 days for AC21. I believe that this date still holds true when one's case is transferred from say NSC to TSC. Does anyone know this for sure?
As luck would have it, my contract with my client ends on the 183rd day of my receipt date! Hence this and the original question
What is AC21? It exists due to immigration rules of limited PDs and backlogs which prolong the processing time of a 485 beyond 180 days. Since these delays are caused by their system, they have provided the option of switching employers as long as certain criteria is met.
As long as you meet the critieria you are all set. Waiting longer without meeting the criteria will be of no use and if you meet all the requirements of AC21, there is no reason to wait.
Thanks for replying KaiserSoze...nice name btw, hope you are not a figment of imagination like the one in the movie ;-)
I don't intend to be intrusive, but are you currently on EAD? Or do you plan to move to it?
I have also read at multiple places that the receipt date is the date from which we start counting 180 days for AC21. I believe that this date still holds true when one's case is transferred from say NSC to TSC. Does anyone know this for sure?
As luck would have it, my contract with my client ends on the 183rd day of my receipt date! Hence this and the original question
aandrew_19
07-26 07:21 PM
Guys�
Urgent advise is required.
My PERM was approved in April-07 and now I have just filed the concurrent 140/485. Now the company is transferring me to a new location (State) early next month with a possible change in the salary than what�s mentioned on my PERM. Can anyone please advise if there will be some impact on my 140/485 applications if:
a) I moved to a different state and, (My work location on PERM is California)
b) If I will be getting less salary than what�s mentioned on my PERM
Thanks much,
Urgent advise is required.
My PERM was approved in April-07 and now I have just filed the concurrent 140/485. Now the company is transferring me to a new location (State) early next month with a possible change in the salary than what�s mentioned on my PERM. Can anyone please advise if there will be some impact on my 140/485 applications if:
a) I moved to a different state and, (My work location on PERM is California)
b) If I will be getting less salary than what�s mentioned on my PERM
Thanks much,
more...
raj7480
05-24 02:24 PM
Can IV do a press release and circulate thru news wire? IV can write an article about legal immigration and what IV is doing for it. You can submit your release thru sites like http://www.prweb.com/
They are free and if you pay some fee (I think $80), news will go to many popular news portals.
This is a good time since all the news engines are seeking articles with keyword "immigration". I am sure this will open some more doors for IV.
They are free and if you pay some fee (I think $80), news will go to many popular news portals.
This is a good time since all the news engines are seeking articles with keyword "immigration". I am sure this will open some more doors for IV.
paragpujara
04-04 08:21 PM
Hi GC gurus,
I am in dilemma and seek your help desperately.
Currently i work for a consulting company A (around 500 employees). He provided me with a pre-approved labor(EB2 category, pd 02/05) and recently got my 140 approved. The client(say company B) i am working for has offered me a full time position and i am willing to take it up. But according to the company's (B) policy the GC process can be started after one year of joining.
I talked to my company (i.e company A) about my decision to join company B. He provided the following explaination :
1. EB2 to EB2 porting is not possible: According to him EB3 to EB2 porting seems possible but he wasnt sure about EB2 to EB2. He needs to look into the matter. Can you please provide some more information on this...
2. Query on Ability to Pay: He said that when company files 140 for current employee who are on company payroll right now, he might get REF regarding ability to pay. At that time he has to cancel my 140 as well as number of approved 140 that are unaccounted for (i.e employee left or he didnt cancel), to prove company's ability to pay for current employees. So his argument was that it will be difficult for him to retain my 140 for next 1 year. But i believe GC is for future employment and he has to pay me the salary as per the LC. The company seems to be making good amount of profit. So i feel he is trying to hold me back by providing excuses. Or is this a valid reason ?
Please provide me your input asap as i have to decide very soon.
I am in dilemma and seek your help desperately.
Currently i work for a consulting company A (around 500 employees). He provided me with a pre-approved labor(EB2 category, pd 02/05) and recently got my 140 approved. The client(say company B) i am working for has offered me a full time position and i am willing to take it up. But according to the company's (B) policy the GC process can be started after one year of joining.
I talked to my company (i.e company A) about my decision to join company B. He provided the following explaination :
1. EB2 to EB2 porting is not possible: According to him EB3 to EB2 porting seems possible but he wasnt sure about EB2 to EB2. He needs to look into the matter. Can you please provide some more information on this...
2. Query on Ability to Pay: He said that when company files 140 for current employee who are on company payroll right now, he might get REF regarding ability to pay. At that time he has to cancel my 140 as well as number of approved 140 that are unaccounted for (i.e employee left or he didnt cancel), to prove company's ability to pay for current employees. So his argument was that it will be difficult for him to retain my 140 for next 1 year. But i believe GC is for future employment and he has to pay me the salary as per the LC. The company seems to be making good amount of profit. So i feel he is trying to hold me back by providing excuses. Or is this a valid reason ?
Please provide me your input asap as i have to decide very soon.
more...
HV000
08-10 08:47 PM
Reforms To Visa Programs For Highly Skilled Workers.
IMPROVING EXISTING IMMIGRATION
22. The Administration Will Reform And Expedite Background Checks For Immigration. Current mechanisms for conducting immigration background checks are backed up, slowing processing times and endangering national security. The Administration is investing substantial new funds to address the backlog, and the FBI and USCIS are working together on a variety of projects designed to streamline existing processes so as to reduce waiting times without sacrificing security.
23. The President Is Directing The Department Of Homeland Security And The Social Security Administration To Study The Technical And Recordkeeping Reforms Necessary To Guarantee That Illegal Aliens Do Not Earn Credit In Our Social Security System For Illegal Work. Currently, aliens who make Social Security payments while working here legally can continue to accrue credits even if they overstay their visa. Improved data-sharing can lay the foundation for eventual Congressional action to eliminate this practice (which proved an obstacle to comprehensive reform). The relevant agencies are ordered to report to the President with a detailed plan for eliminating the problem.
The funny thing is ONLY now they are thinking about their JOB RESPONSIBILITIES which is to UPHOLD the Law!! However, they have not specified ANY TIMELINE for REFORM!!
SEPTEMBER Rally would be ideal to raise these issues!
ISSUES THAT WE COULD RAISE DURING THE RALLY
1. Eliminate EB Backlog
2. Processing Timeline for I-485
3. Faster processing of FBI Name Check(Questionable process according to USCIS OMBUDSMAN)
4. Uniform Processing Methodology across all USCIS Service Centers
5. Uniform Level of Customer Service across all USCIS Service Centers
6. Increase Coordination between USCIS and DOS
7. Allocation of ALL VISA Numbers by DOS at the beginning of fiscal year rather than a piece meal allocation during the first 3 quarters.
8. More Transparency and flexibility in invoking AC21
9. Decrease the time to invoke AC21 from 6 months to atleast 3 months
IMPROVING EXISTING IMMIGRATION
22. The Administration Will Reform And Expedite Background Checks For Immigration. Current mechanisms for conducting immigration background checks are backed up, slowing processing times and endangering national security. The Administration is investing substantial new funds to address the backlog, and the FBI and USCIS are working together on a variety of projects designed to streamline existing processes so as to reduce waiting times without sacrificing security.
23. The President Is Directing The Department Of Homeland Security And The Social Security Administration To Study The Technical And Recordkeeping Reforms Necessary To Guarantee That Illegal Aliens Do Not Earn Credit In Our Social Security System For Illegal Work. Currently, aliens who make Social Security payments while working here legally can continue to accrue credits even if they overstay their visa. Improved data-sharing can lay the foundation for eventual Congressional action to eliminate this practice (which proved an obstacle to comprehensive reform). The relevant agencies are ordered to report to the President with a detailed plan for eliminating the problem.
The funny thing is ONLY now they are thinking about their JOB RESPONSIBILITIES which is to UPHOLD the Law!! However, they have not specified ANY TIMELINE for REFORM!!
SEPTEMBER Rally would be ideal to raise these issues!
ISSUES THAT WE COULD RAISE DURING THE RALLY
1. Eliminate EB Backlog
2. Processing Timeline for I-485
3. Faster processing of FBI Name Check(Questionable process according to USCIS OMBUDSMAN)
4. Uniform Processing Methodology across all USCIS Service Centers
5. Uniform Level of Customer Service across all USCIS Service Centers
6. Increase Coordination between USCIS and DOS
7. Allocation of ALL VISA Numbers by DOS at the beginning of fiscal year rather than a piece meal allocation during the first 3 quarters.
8. More Transparency and flexibility in invoking AC21
9. Decrease the time to invoke AC21 from 6 months to atleast 3 months
pak
07-20 10:29 AM
Go to maxico but getting visa of Mexico from US is difficult on B1/B2. Canadian visa for her on B1/B2 visa is impossible. Check and call other near by countries visa consulate as well as US consular visa officer for the availibility of dates of H4 visa interview.
Hope you will find the solution.
Hope you will find the solution.
more...
IN2US
07-26 05:23 PM
You can get EAD even if your I-140 is pending.Correct me if I am wrong.
That is correct.
That is correct.
dilipb
04-21 03:20 PM
This query is for a friend of mine.
His labor and 140 was pre-approved.
In jun 2007 he applied for 485 / EAD and AP.
He got EAD, is working on it.
He also used AP to go to india and back.
His H1 is already expired this month.
All he has is a new AP based new i94 which expires on the day his EAD expires.
Now his drivers license is expiring.
Does anyone know the documents he will be required to submit to DL center to get DL extended.
Also the most important thing is, can the DL somehow be extended for more than 1 year. Because doing this every year is a pain.
Thanks in advance.
His labor and 140 was pre-approved.
In jun 2007 he applied for 485 / EAD and AP.
He got EAD, is working on it.
He also used AP to go to india and back.
His H1 is already expired this month.
All he has is a new AP based new i94 which expires on the day his EAD expires.
Now his drivers license is expiring.
Does anyone know the documents he will be required to submit to DL center to get DL extended.
Also the most important thing is, can the DL somehow be extended for more than 1 year. Because doing this every year is a pain.
Thanks in advance.
willigetagc
08-15 09:06 AM
Hi,
If I am working with X company & Y company is ready to file GC.
(Assuming Y has no objections even if I do not join the company at all)
Is it mandatory for the candidate to join company Y at certain stage which has file GC?
I would appreciate your comments.
Regards,
Sanjeev.
Yes and no. Yes it is mandatory by definition. No because there are ways around. You could go join a school to get higher education. You could ask Y to terminate your employment.
Better still. AFter your GC is approved, get a letter from Y that "unfortunately the position is no longer available. You are most welcome to try for jobs in other areas". Then submit your resume and go for an interview or two, if called. Keep all records, emails. Then you are completely off the hook!!!
If I am working with X company & Y company is ready to file GC.
(Assuming Y has no objections even if I do not join the company at all)
Is it mandatory for the candidate to join company Y at certain stage which has file GC?
I would appreciate your comments.
Regards,
Sanjeev.
Yes and no. Yes it is mandatory by definition. No because there are ways around. You could go join a school to get higher education. You could ask Y to terminate your employment.
Better still. AFter your GC is approved, get a letter from Y that "unfortunately the position is no longer available. You are most welcome to try for jobs in other areas". Then submit your resume and go for an interview or two, if called. Keep all records, emails. Then you are completely off the hook!!!
gman
07-08 07:36 PM
Did this ever go anywhere?
gc_on_demand
06-22 10:09 AM
I think OP is correct as CIR will not pass this year. Remember Mr bush took advantage 8 years ago and won election. Even he may knew that it will not pass. Same way Raid may know that it may not pass but what is wrong to take advantage of pushing CIR. Even if it doesnot pass or introduced he may win because Hispanic will think if he wins he may bring CIR for sure.
Now in near future Mr President does not have any benefit of CIR unless he runs for next term. So for him delayed CIR is good. till 2011. So it may be win-win for both. Raid will make a vocal for it now and will win election and OBAMA will keep silence and make attempt in 2011. If passes or not he may win election again.
Only catch is if hispanic people think that Replicans didnot help them and now dems not going to help again so they may not give vote to Dems as punishment and that may hurt.
Now in near future Mr President does not have any benefit of CIR unless he runs for next term. So for him delayed CIR is good. till 2011. So it may be win-win for both. Raid will make a vocal for it now and will win election and OBAMA will keep silence and make attempt in 2011. If passes or not he may win election again.
Only catch is if hispanic people think that Replicans didnot help them and now dems not going to help again so they may not give vote to Dems as punishment and that may hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment