needhelp!
03-10 03:00 PM
What is FOIA?
Freedom Of Information Act
See this: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22037
Freedom Of Information Act
See this: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22037

tisha
11-05 03:17 PM
Hi,
I actually have an O-1 non immigrant visa that will expire in about 6 months, I also have so many doubts, hope you can help me.
1. Do you know if I-140 Premium Processing is available for EB-1A (extraordinary ability immigrant alien) with an employment based petition?
2. If it is, can I file together the I-140 and I-485 (with premium processing)and does this will make the process faster or do you recommend to do them separately?
3. After filing the I-140 can I travel or do I need a special permission?
Thank you very much for your help
I actually have an O-1 non immigrant visa that will expire in about 6 months, I also have so many doubts, hope you can help me.
1. Do you know if I-140 Premium Processing is available for EB-1A (extraordinary ability immigrant alien) with an employment based petition?
2. If it is, can I file together the I-140 and I-485 (with premium processing)and does this will make the process faster or do you recommend to do them separately?
3. After filing the I-140 can I travel or do I need a special permission?
Thank you very much for your help
gc2005
11-17 01:35 PM
SKIL is the best bet for us. Hopefully we will see it being discussed soon in Senate.
I agree, SKIL is the best bet for us. There are chances of something happenning before Oct 2007 because of no H1B visa numbers being available unitl then. I don't think it has been that bad situation with H1B until now.
I agree, SKIL is the best bet for us. There are chances of something happenning before Oct 2007 because of no H1B visa numbers being available unitl then. I don't think it has been that bad situation with H1B until now.
Uncertain
04-15 02:34 PM
I am in.
What do I need to do apart from contributions and convincing other friends to vote on the above thread?
What do I need to do apart from contributions and convincing other friends to vote on the above thread?
more...
pointlesswait
03-28 11:51 AM
how on earth do u expect ppl to knwo how USCIS functions..:eek:
wait and watch!
hey! why it is like that?? last month, feb 15 08, the processing date was July 31, 2007 and how come now updated mar. 15 and the processing date became june 08, 2007??? WHY?? my friend got her gc already, hers date was july 19...she got her gc!!so wats up with that!!Do you think they will send mine (july 22)?im so upset!pls reply soon!
pd's
January 15, 2008: from April 07.. it became July 19
February 15, 2008: from July 19... it became July 30
March 15, 2008: from July 30... it became JUNE 08, 2007???????????
Do you think it was just a typographical error that it must be August 08, 2007 instead of June???
this is the link to nebraska service center
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC
I NEED YOUR COMMENT REPLIES.
wait and watch!
hey! why it is like that?? last month, feb 15 08, the processing date was July 31, 2007 and how come now updated mar. 15 and the processing date became june 08, 2007??? WHY?? my friend got her gc already, hers date was july 19...she got her gc!!so wats up with that!!Do you think they will send mine (july 22)?im so upset!pls reply soon!
pd's
January 15, 2008: from April 07.. it became July 19
February 15, 2008: from July 19... it became July 30
March 15, 2008: from July 30... it became JUNE 08, 2007???????????
Do you think it was just a typographical error that it must be August 08, 2007 instead of June???
this is the link to nebraska service center
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC
I NEED YOUR COMMENT REPLIES.
bmoni
03-30 10:53 PM
Congratulations
more...
REEF�
06-06 11:44 AM
The girl looks too blurry but nice :).
And I thought RED means EVIL and BLUE means GOOD :puzzle:?
And I thought RED means EVIL and BLUE means GOOD :puzzle:?
sands_14
06-12 11:55 AM
i tried infopass last yr,it didnt help;they said uscis will take it when its up for approval.current pd doesnt matter;it matters only if its approved and waiting for visa number
more...
eilsoe
10-03 01:31 PM
neither do I...
:::::evil:::::
:::::evil:::::
h_shaik
08-08 04:18 PM
You are correct. There shuld be a job offer from sponsoring company at the time of applying for AOS. I guess the question is what if the person is not working at all ( No pay stubs from any company ). In this case the candidate will be out of status? There might be cases where people might come on bench or not having a project etc...
Can you direct me to the link you just mentioned for pay stub requirment for at least 180 days after filing AOS?
I think the requirement is there should be a job offer at the time of filing of AOS. Here's an extract from a law firm:
" If you are able to file the adjustment of status, there does need to be a valid job offer underlying the case at the time of the filing. You do not have to be working for the employer full time, but there does have to be a valid job offer for the position described in the labor certification".
Can you direct me to the link you just mentioned for pay stub requirment for at least 180 days after filing AOS?
I think the requirement is there should be a job offer at the time of filing of AOS. Here's an extract from a law firm:
" If you are able to file the adjustment of status, there does need to be a valid job offer underlying the case at the time of the filing. You do not have to be working for the employer full time, but there does have to be a valid job offer for the position described in the labor certification".
more...
arpu31
11-17 01:03 PM
I believe u can apply ur own H4. because u have the H1 approval from ur spouse. just download form from uscis website. there is complete instruction over there.
Thx
Thanks! But if I apply for my own H4, I would require my copy of I797 and the I94 attached to that. My employer doesnt provide me with the copy of those. Would the documents from my husband good enough to apply in US?
Arpu
Thx
Thanks! But if I apply for my own H4, I would require my copy of I797 and the I94 attached to that. My employer doesnt provide me with the copy of those. Would the documents from my husband good enough to apply in US?
Arpu

i4u
07-26 09:29 AM
I ported from EB3 to EB2 recently and if its all goes well, my PD of May 06 might be current. Is there any way one can determine if their finger prints, photographs, security checks, etc., are valid and the application is pre-adjudicated and ready for approval.
Since, I ported recently I didn't notice any LUD's in my I-485 application. Any thoughts. Please share your experiences.
have you tried infopass?
Since, I ported recently I didn't notice any LUD's in my I-485 application. Any thoughts. Please share your experiences.
have you tried infopass?
more...
smuggymba
03-07 09:40 AM
I have an approved I-140 from my current US company but there are some discussions of "layoffs" going around and I want to be ready for any scenario.
My question is whether I can retain my PD with an approved I-140:
1.) If the employer hasn't taken any decision to cancel I-140.
2.) If the employer writes to USCIS about cancelling I-140.
Thanks.
My question is whether I can retain my PD with an approved I-140:
1.) If the employer hasn't taken any decision to cancel I-140.
2.) If the employer writes to USCIS about cancelling I-140.
Thanks.
Circus123
01-09 03:43 PM
"I suppose this year's quota for EB3 India is not yet used (as small it may seem). My guess is, when EB3 processing begins, it should get your collegues out in 6 to 9 months from now."
EB3 quota is like a spoon of rice from a bag of basmati :))
EB3 quota is like a spoon of rice from a bag of basmati :))
more...
msp1976
05-27 01:40 PM
Problem with the poll is that only people with not current PD come here, people with current PD do not come here any longer...
Chelo
02-13 04:59 PM
Listen to
IV good reasons for joining IV
I. You don't want be waiting forever
II. You cannot make things happen alone
III. It is easier to work with a great team
IV. IV is a WINNER
.... Or whatever other four reasons you want to write
IV good reasons for joining IV
I. You don't want be waiting forever
II. You cannot make things happen alone
III. It is easier to work with a great team
IV. IV is a WINNER
.... Or whatever other four reasons you want to write
more...
summitpointe
04-16 02:53 PM
Open an MTR ASAP. It sometimes takes lot of time(may be one year) for final decision.
As your H1B is valid for another one year, just to have a support talk with your attorney about filing a PERM labor ASAP.
As your H1B is valid for another one year, just to have a support talk with your attorney about filing a PERM labor ASAP.
go_guy123
09-15 12:52 PM
Hi All,
Pardon my ignorance, but after seeing the initial steps of the CIR, I feel there's some hope for the Employment based immigrants, but no one seems to be discussing anything positive about it. Am I missing something here? :confused:
Thanks
I think you are new to EB issues. EB reform has been tried since 2004 and it has failed each time. CIR has been tried since 2006 and it has failed many times. CIR has almost no chance given the political realities that Democratic party/Obama is getting tied up with healthcare.
Pardon my ignorance, but after seeing the initial steps of the CIR, I feel there's some hope for the Employment based immigrants, but no one seems to be discussing anything positive about it. Am I missing something here? :confused:
Thanks
I think you are new to EB issues. EB reform has been tried since 2004 and it has failed each time. CIR has been tried since 2006 and it has failed many times. CIR has almost no chance given the political realities that Democratic party/Obama is getting tied up with healthcare.

Prashanthi
05-21 11:17 AM
When the USCIS finds out and makes a determination that you are out of status, that is when you will be in trouble, or if you go outside the country for a visa, if they notice that you W-2 has a very low amount, they may refuse to give you a visa. When you file the transfer if the USCIS finds out that you have violated your status, they will still approve you h-1 for consular processing, they may not approve your request for a transfer.
shirish
10-15 12:42 PM
Sorry Gurus, Couldn't figure out how to start a new thread. So posting here,
My spouse is on H4, Now she wants to use EAD and work.She wants to work part time, She has found a job as well, but the employer is sayng she can do parttime only for few months, after that she has to do full time or find a job somewhere else. Now if she cannot find another parttime job after few months, and has to stop working , will it affect her status?
Thankx in advance.
My spouse is on H4, Now she wants to use EAD and work.She wants to work part time, She has found a job as well, but the employer is sayng she can do parttime only for few months, after that she has to do full time or find a job somewhere else. Now if she cannot find another parttime job after few months, and has to stop working , will it affect her status?
Thankx in advance.
reddy_73
10-02 02:59 PM
even i have the same thing, mine was received by NSC and receipt mailed by NSC.
section says as UNKNOWN, called USCIS and she does not know any thing about it
section says as UNKNOWN, called USCIS and she does not know any thing about it
No comments:
Post a Comment