Zee
04-06 06:10 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/06/washington/06immig.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/05/immigration/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/05/immigration/index.html
wallpaper very funny cats with captions.
Ψ
06-12 01:31 PM
well here is my last volley not at all great and am not completely satisfied.
wouldve spent a little more time. but its just dat i have exams and gotta study.
well heres my last serve hope u like ithttp://img62.photobucket.com/albums/v188/_azzy_/last.jpg
wouldve spent a little more time. but its just dat i have exams and gotta study.
well heres my last serve hope u like ithttp://img62.photobucket.com/albums/v188/_azzy_/last.jpg
prabasiodia
03-18 07:47 AM
Anyone can start a C-Corp in USA, (s)he is not even needed to be present in USA. If you're present then you must be legally present; any valid visa or EAD etc. will do.
The issue becomes a wee bit trickier when it's time to remunerate yourself like drawing a salary. From IRS's point of view, an LLC is nothing more than a proprietorship (sole or partnered), a disregarded entity. Since the income must be filed with your own tax return, it's a "no go" for most H visa holders. For the same reason, most would not want to start an S-Corp. Sice GotFreedom? is on H1 and started an LLC, I would like to know how he's managing his tax returns? I really don't know how does filing tax returns get affected by your spouse's visa status, specifically when you're married and filing jointly.
Apart from the visa situation, you should be concerned about the liability. What if one of your customers wants to sue you? LLC provides "LIMITED" liability protection. if you're not concerned about liability at all, then I would suggest to start as a Sole Proprietorship. You've nothing to do (if you're starting the business in your name such as Mike Hofner's Deli) except to earn money :-) and report it as income in your tax returns. If you want to give a separate name to your entity, file a DBA (Doing Business As) with your state.
C-Corp is a safe bet for all types of visa holders of all nationalities. But there is a lot of bookkeeping you'll have to do. Hope this helps!!
The issue becomes a wee bit trickier when it's time to remunerate yourself like drawing a salary. From IRS's point of view, an LLC is nothing more than a proprietorship (sole or partnered), a disregarded entity. Since the income must be filed with your own tax return, it's a "no go" for most H visa holders. For the same reason, most would not want to start an S-Corp. Sice GotFreedom? is on H1 and started an LLC, I would like to know how he's managing his tax returns? I really don't know how does filing tax returns get affected by your spouse's visa status, specifically when you're married and filing jointly.
Apart from the visa situation, you should be concerned about the liability. What if one of your customers wants to sue you? LLC provides "LIMITED" liability protection. if you're not concerned about liability at all, then I would suggest to start as a Sole Proprietorship. You've nothing to do (if you're starting the business in your name such as Mike Hofner's Deli) except to earn money :-) and report it as income in your tax returns. If you want to give a separate name to your entity, file a DBA (Doing Business As) with your state.
C-Corp is a safe bet for all types of visa holders of all nationalities. But there is a lot of bookkeeping you'll have to do. Hope this helps!!
2011 very funny cats with captions.
namm80
01-10 04:42 PM
So, this would mean anyone stuck in name check should never receive FP--correct? I don't think that's the case...i know of a lot of people who get FP notices every 15 (or is it 18?) months or so and are stuck in name checks forever.
The two processes Name check & FP are parallel, not sequential.
I have myself not rcvd FP - July 2nd filer NSC-CSC-NSC transfer victim :-). My way of looking at things is that CSC transferred I-485 to NSC in late September. So my I-485 is queued after an August 17th filer. August 17th filers have rcvd their FPs recently (Bay Area, CA), so it should not be that far away. (BTW, I am not dying to get FP done, i just want to shorten my stay-alert-for-FP window and get it over with it)
USCIS works in strange ways...i may be using logic that's beyond their IQ :)
Take it easy...
Applied July 23rd NSC. Receipt notice July 23rd and again another receipt September once my case went to CSC and back to NSC.
Got AP and EAD issued from CA (laguna Niguel USCIS) though not without headaches (RFE on AP)
took infopass appointment last week and officer said FPs havent been issued because Background check still not cleared for me (wife cleared but she will not get FP notice until mine is cleared). This is possibly the same reason you have not received yours. looks like i am stuck for the long haul in name check clearance.
good luck to you!
The two processes Name check & FP are parallel, not sequential.
I have myself not rcvd FP - July 2nd filer NSC-CSC-NSC transfer victim :-). My way of looking at things is that CSC transferred I-485 to NSC in late September. So my I-485 is queued after an August 17th filer. August 17th filers have rcvd their FPs recently (Bay Area, CA), so it should not be that far away. (BTW, I am not dying to get FP done, i just want to shorten my stay-alert-for-FP window and get it over with it)
USCIS works in strange ways...i may be using logic that's beyond their IQ :)
Take it easy...
Applied July 23rd NSC. Receipt notice July 23rd and again another receipt September once my case went to CSC and back to NSC.
Got AP and EAD issued from CA (laguna Niguel USCIS) though not without headaches (RFE on AP)
took infopass appointment last week and officer said FPs havent been issued because Background check still not cleared for me (wife cleared but she will not get FP notice until mine is cleared). This is possibly the same reason you have not received yours. looks like i am stuck for the long haul in name check clearance.
good luck to you!
more...
copsmart
06-12 12:43 PM
Its a long wait for everybody, and I understand that everyone wants to get their application approved when the dates are current, or at least before the dates retrogress. However, putting too much pressure on USCIS is not going to get us anywhere, except it will make things worst. In my humble opinion, we should let USCIS do their work, so that they don't waste any visa numbers.
Just my two cents, but its your personal choice. No hard feelings!
Just my two cents, but its your personal choice. No hard feelings!

extra_mint
04-22 11:49 AM
I got the exact same RFE and I am with the same employer (though company name changed due to merger) since start. I got RFE last week only so I am working on the response
Based on my research the response should be
List of job duties (this should match with what was in your Labor) and if the title differs then you can give details that new titile has same job duties as the old job title
Also I checked this is pretty normal RFE (many people get it)
Check the link below
http://immigrationplus.blogspot.com/2006/07/i-485-rfe-employment-verification.html[/URL]
Sorry, the reason I meant strange was due to the nature of questions - different from the RFE's received currently by many of the IV members.
Sorry for the confusion. But please do help me if you have any inputs.
In my response to the RFE should I say that my job title in my LC/I-140 position as being my current position or the one in H1-B visa application?
Based on my research the response should be
List of job duties (this should match with what was in your Labor) and if the title differs then you can give details that new titile has same job duties as the old job title
Also I checked this is pretty normal RFE (many people get it)
Check the link below
http://immigrationplus.blogspot.com/2006/07/i-485-rfe-employment-verification.html[/URL]
Sorry, the reason I meant strange was due to the nature of questions - different from the RFE's received currently by many of the IV members.
Sorry for the confusion. But please do help me if you have any inputs.
In my response to the RFE should I say that my job title in my LC/I-140 position as being my current position or the one in H1-B visa application?
more...
mirage
03-06 02:18 PM
I'm from PA... I had called Senator Specter's Office earlier last week, today I called up Senator Robert Casey's office...
You called office of which Senators?
You called office of which Senators?
2010 very funny cats with captions
WaitingForMyGC
01-23 10:53 AM
They don't mean anything..no dates ever meant anything to USCIS. :-)
more...
go_guy123
02-28 09:53 AM
Silicon Valley Immigration Lawyer Blog Has Just Posted the Following:
The Federal government is about to start knocking on the doors of employers, demanding to see I-9 records and more. The Wall Street Journal reported that more than 1,000 audit notices (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703961104576148590023309196.html?K EYWORDS=miriam+jordan), or notices of inspection, are to be sent out by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), part of the Department of Homeland Security, within the next few days. These "audit notices" are actually subpoenas, requiring employers to present original I-9 employment verification forms and payroll documentation. An employer is usually required to produce this documentation within three days. A sample I-9 subpoena is below.
Sample I-9 Subpoena (2-2011) (http://www.scribd.com/doc/49508862/Sample-I-9-Subpoena-2-2011)
The second page of this subpoena shows that ICE demands more than I-9 forms. They request records of all employees hired within the past three years, copies of the documents the employee provided when completing the I-9, detailed information about independent contractors, any Social Security no-match letters, and detailed payroll filings.
Employers should realize that these I-9 audits can target any employer, of any size and in any sector, whether or not the employer has H-1B (http://www.geelaw.com/lawyer-attorney-1054805.html)workers, L-1 (http://www.geelaw.com/lawyer-attorney-1054809.html) workers, or sponsors foreign nationals for employment-based green cards (http://www.geelaw.com/lawyer-attorney-1054839.html). As all employers must complete I-9's for new hires and maintain payroll records, all employers should be prepared for an audit. Fines for uncorrected technical and substantive errors on the I-9 forms range from $110 to $1,100. If an employer had technical or substantive errors on their I-9 forms, they might not necessarily realize this and could be exposing themselves to substantial fines.
These audits come as ICE has created an Employment Compliance Inspection Center. The Head of ICE recently explained that this new center would "address a need to conduct audits even of the largest employers with a very large number of employees." (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703951704576092381196958362.html?K EYWORDS=I-9+audit)The center is supposed to be staffed with specialists to pore over I-9 employee files of targeted companies.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?d=yIl2AUoC8z A (http://rss.justia.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?a=DpyqOn5n_U s:BRsSWNtzAz8:yIl2AUoC8zA) http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?d=qj6IDK7rIT s (http://rss.justia.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?a=DpyqOn5n_U s:BRsSWNtzAz8:qj6IDK7rITs) http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?i=DpyqOn5n_U s:BRsSWNtzAz8:V_sGLiPBpWU (http://rss.justia.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?a=DpyqOn5n_U s:BRsSWNtzAz8:V_sGLiPBpWU) http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?d=7Q72WNTAKB A (http://rss.justia.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?a=DpyqOn5n_U s:BRsSWNtzAz8:7Q72WNTAKBA)
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom/~4/DpyqOn5n_Us
More... (http://rss.justia.com/~r/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom/~3/DpyqOn5n_Us/silicon-valley-employers-must.html)
In the era of big government and job growth mainly through increased government payrolls, we will see more of such jobs being "created" and "invented" and in case of the USCIS the costs being passed on in term of increased fees etc.
Unless US is dragged to WTO over these out of control H1B/ L1 fees this will never stop.
The Federal government is about to start knocking on the doors of employers, demanding to see I-9 records and more. The Wall Street Journal reported that more than 1,000 audit notices (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703961104576148590023309196.html?K EYWORDS=miriam+jordan), or notices of inspection, are to be sent out by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), part of the Department of Homeland Security, within the next few days. These "audit notices" are actually subpoenas, requiring employers to present original I-9 employment verification forms and payroll documentation. An employer is usually required to produce this documentation within three days. A sample I-9 subpoena is below.
Sample I-9 Subpoena (2-2011) (http://www.scribd.com/doc/49508862/Sample-I-9-Subpoena-2-2011)
The second page of this subpoena shows that ICE demands more than I-9 forms. They request records of all employees hired within the past three years, copies of the documents the employee provided when completing the I-9, detailed information about independent contractors, any Social Security no-match letters, and detailed payroll filings.
Employers should realize that these I-9 audits can target any employer, of any size and in any sector, whether or not the employer has H-1B (http://www.geelaw.com/lawyer-attorney-1054805.html)workers, L-1 (http://www.geelaw.com/lawyer-attorney-1054809.html) workers, or sponsors foreign nationals for employment-based green cards (http://www.geelaw.com/lawyer-attorney-1054839.html). As all employers must complete I-9's for new hires and maintain payroll records, all employers should be prepared for an audit. Fines for uncorrected technical and substantive errors on the I-9 forms range from $110 to $1,100. If an employer had technical or substantive errors on their I-9 forms, they might not necessarily realize this and could be exposing themselves to substantial fines.
These audits come as ICE has created an Employment Compliance Inspection Center. The Head of ICE recently explained that this new center would "address a need to conduct audits even of the largest employers with a very large number of employees." (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703951704576092381196958362.html?K EYWORDS=I-9+audit)The center is supposed to be staffed with specialists to pore over I-9 employee files of targeted companies.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?d=yIl2AUoC8z A (http://rss.justia.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?a=DpyqOn5n_U s:BRsSWNtzAz8:yIl2AUoC8zA) http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?d=qj6IDK7rIT s (http://rss.justia.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?a=DpyqOn5n_U s:BRsSWNtzAz8:qj6IDK7rITs) http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?i=DpyqOn5n_U s:BRsSWNtzAz8:V_sGLiPBpWU (http://rss.justia.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?a=DpyqOn5n_U s:BRsSWNtzAz8:V_sGLiPBpWU) http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?d=7Q72WNTAKB A (http://rss.justia.com/~ff/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom?a=DpyqOn5n_U s:BRsSWNtzAz8:7Q72WNTAKBA)
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom/~4/DpyqOn5n_Us
More... (http://rss.justia.com/~r/SiliconValleyImmigrationLawyerBlogCom/~3/DpyqOn5n_Us/silicon-valley-employers-must.html)
In the era of big government and job growth mainly through increased government payrolls, we will see more of such jobs being "created" and "invented" and in case of the USCIS the costs being passed on in term of increased fees etc.
Unless US is dragged to WTO over these out of control H1B/ L1 fees this will never stop.
hair very funny cats with captions.
cal_dood
07-20 10:17 AM
in Mexico and Canada - though there may be a catch - they may not process a B1/B2 to H4. You'll have to find that out. Getting a appointment/emergency appointment in ur home country is the best bet.
more...
saibaba
12-04 12:01 PM
One of my best friends has good FTE offer from one company in WestCoast.Right now he is working as subcontractor at client place in Boston but by looking at the market recession/depression, he is inlined towards this offer from the previous client manager in CA.
He is on H1 for 5 yrs and is into 3 yrs extension based on approved LC/140.He got EAD/AP approved and his EAD recently extended for 2 yrs.He is married, H4 wife with school aged kids.
He is with this Desi employer for 5+ years so his employer is generous about not cancelling his approved 140 for the bucks he made on this guy for the last 5 yrs. But my buddy is planning to ask his employer about keeping his H1 active, means he doesn�t want his employer to cancel his H1.He want to take up the FTE opportunity using EAD. He was asking me about his H1 status when not getting paid/no pay stubs and leaving it just like that until it comes out for renewal which is after 3 yrs�when I asked why he wants to do it he said he just want to keep it as backup incase his 485 get denied so that he can use the remaining period of H1.But I have my own doubts about his H1 and EAD usage.
Now my Question is can he stay on H1 with the Original employer without working for him (that means no salary/pay stubs) and work for this new company that is offering FTE for him?
I told him that he might have to do AC-21 stuff but he said he don�t need to do it as he is not changing his employer, Is that true? He is saying that AC-21 wld come into the picture only when if u switch employer / 140 got revoked.
Looks like he can get paid by the new employer by 1099, is that correct?.
Also I�m skeptical about using EAD while keeping your H1 with original employer.
I read in IV that you will be called for personal interviews (National Benefit Center stuff) right before you getting GC and you have to show your current years pay stubs, previous w-2�s returns etc... What about if you have to face this scenario(although it happens randomly)? Like how can we show pay stubs from new employer as proof of employment when your LC/140/484 are coupled to previous employer and you are not in his payroll though your H1/140 is not cancelled?
Has anybody done this? If so can I know what are the pros and cons?
If it is doable and if you have friendly employer who recognizes your loyalty for those years you worked for him, it�s look like a very good option for everyone.
Can someone pls share your knowledge?
Thanks
He is on H1 for 5 yrs and is into 3 yrs extension based on approved LC/140.He got EAD/AP approved and his EAD recently extended for 2 yrs.He is married, H4 wife with school aged kids.
He is with this Desi employer for 5+ years so his employer is generous about not cancelling his approved 140 for the bucks he made on this guy for the last 5 yrs. But my buddy is planning to ask his employer about keeping his H1 active, means he doesn�t want his employer to cancel his H1.He want to take up the FTE opportunity using EAD. He was asking me about his H1 status when not getting paid/no pay stubs and leaving it just like that until it comes out for renewal which is after 3 yrs�when I asked why he wants to do it he said he just want to keep it as backup incase his 485 get denied so that he can use the remaining period of H1.But I have my own doubts about his H1 and EAD usage.
Now my Question is can he stay on H1 with the Original employer without working for him (that means no salary/pay stubs) and work for this new company that is offering FTE for him?
I told him that he might have to do AC-21 stuff but he said he don�t need to do it as he is not changing his employer, Is that true? He is saying that AC-21 wld come into the picture only when if u switch employer / 140 got revoked.
Looks like he can get paid by the new employer by 1099, is that correct?.
Also I�m skeptical about using EAD while keeping your H1 with original employer.
I read in IV that you will be called for personal interviews (National Benefit Center stuff) right before you getting GC and you have to show your current years pay stubs, previous w-2�s returns etc... What about if you have to face this scenario(although it happens randomly)? Like how can we show pay stubs from new employer as proof of employment when your LC/140/484 are coupled to previous employer and you are not in his payroll though your H1/140 is not cancelled?
Has anybody done this? If so can I know what are the pros and cons?
If it is doable and if you have friendly employer who recognizes your loyalty for those years you worked for him, it�s look like a very good option for everyone.
Can someone pls share your knowledge?
Thanks
hot video very funny cats catz

tharu
06-29 12:32 PM
Hi Ms Martin,
Thank you for your information. I understand that as long as my old visa expired and I get entry to US on my new approved extension visa (assuming that it is approved while I am away from US) it goes good.
What if my visa pettion gets dragged and I enter with my AP, after the expiry of my old visa. Is the extension pettition still good? If it is approved after i enter US, can i use the new visa ofcourse after getting out of US and get it stamped in a overseas consulate.
Thank you for your information. I understand that as long as my old visa expired and I get entry to US on my new approved extension visa (assuming that it is approved while I am away from US) it goes good.
What if my visa pettion gets dragged and I enter with my AP, after the expiry of my old visa. Is the extension pettition still good? If it is approved after i enter US, can i use the new visa ofcourse after getting out of US and get it stamped in a overseas consulate.
more...
house very sorry for
cbpds
10-20 12:17 PM
he is leading his dem candidate by 30 points in one poll
This is going nowhere... Guys what are prospects of Grassley winning the Nov elections...I hope he looses
This is going nowhere... Guys what are prospects of Grassley winning the Nov elections...I hope he looses
tattoo captions. very funny cats
pappu
08-21 10:21 AM
Its a window of opportunity for us.
lets all email the following expressing support and hoping for some relief measues for highly educated skilled immigrants.:
===
Wite email addresed to:
Harold McGraw III
Chairman, Business Roundtable
Chairman, President & CEO, The McGraw-Hill Companies
info@businessroundtable.org
and co-address to any 1 of the following:
Edward B. Rust, Jr.
Co-Chairman, Business Roundtable
Chairman & CEO, State Farm Insurance Companies
Kenneth I. Chenault
Co-Chairman, Business Roundtable
Chairman & CEO, American Express Company
John J. Castellani
President, Business Roundtable
Larry D. Burton
Executive Director, Business Roundtable
Johanna I. Schneider
Executive Director, External Relations
====
then also email to the magazine that published this article expressing support for such initiative and hoping for something to be done this year before elections. send the letter to the editor so that editor can print in next issue right when this issue is debated on the floor (hopefully). This magazine is read by scientists and it will generate awareness in the community for our cause. Today the nation seems more inclined towards border security and enforcement rather than immigration reform bill. However increasing America's competitiveness in science and technology will have several supporters across party lines.
science_editors@aaas.org (general editorial queries)
science_letters@aaas.org (queries about letters to the editor)
send to both email ids
---
Members with good with writing skills please post your letter drafts on this thread so that others can also use your letter and can send it.
===
lets all email the following expressing support and hoping for some relief measues for highly educated skilled immigrants.:
===
Wite email addresed to:
Harold McGraw III
Chairman, Business Roundtable
Chairman, President & CEO, The McGraw-Hill Companies
info@businessroundtable.org
and co-address to any 1 of the following:
Edward B. Rust, Jr.
Co-Chairman, Business Roundtable
Chairman & CEO, State Farm Insurance Companies
Kenneth I. Chenault
Co-Chairman, Business Roundtable
Chairman & CEO, American Express Company
John J. Castellani
President, Business Roundtable
Larry D. Burton
Executive Director, Business Roundtable
Johanna I. Schneider
Executive Director, External Relations
====
then also email to the magazine that published this article expressing support for such initiative and hoping for something to be done this year before elections. send the letter to the editor so that editor can print in next issue right when this issue is debated on the floor (hopefully). This magazine is read by scientists and it will generate awareness in the community for our cause. Today the nation seems more inclined towards border security and enforcement rather than immigration reform bill. However increasing America's competitiveness in science and technology will have several supporters across party lines.
science_editors@aaas.org (general editorial queries)
science_letters@aaas.org (queries about letters to the editor)
send to both email ids
---
Members with good with writing skills please post your letter drafts on this thread so that others can also use your letter and can send it.
===
more...
pictures Very Funny Cats 39 03:13
forgerator
05-02 07:11 PM
I entered last year on Sept 2nd when my stamp was going to expire on Sept 30th, but I had my I797 with me. The officer asked me whether I was aware that my stamp is going to expire at end of September, I said yes I am aware. He then asked me for my I797 which clearly showed my H1 is valid until 2010. After about half an hour he let me through.
dresses captions. very funny cats
bluekayal
09-16 04:01 PM
you can apply for UI - Unemployment insurance, NOT Unemployment benefit. The first is an insurance, the second a benefit that will impact your GC application.
more...
makeup Cat place to some very funny photo this is a verydec Cats on cats place to
Chicago Desi
08-23 01:11 PM
No, I do not have a EAD or AP. I did not apply for them. I am planning to keep extending my H1 and not get into the hassle of EAD and AP every year.
Though its your decision but having EAD and AP in my hand (whether or not to use them) would give me some hope.
Though its your decision but having EAD and AP in my hand (whether or not to use them) would give me some hope.
girlfriend Just some very funny pictures
gatsat
10-08 03:23 PM
No. Is there any way to get it delayed till my marriage ?
hairstyles do you for internet withcats quotes cats Very+funny+cats+with+captions
bkam
05-18 03:41 PM
Good job, IV core group. Media attention is usually a sign that things are getting hot and resolution is a must.
As other people mentioned below - love to be a member of the IV team (3,000+ smart, dedicated people, wow!)
As other people mentioned below - love to be a member of the IV team (3,000+ smart, dedicated people, wow!)
ArkBird
11-27 12:39 PM
I think labor substitution is no longer allowed.
tikka
06-03 01:14 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4618&page=23
Thank you
Thank you
No comments:
Post a Comment