Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Sentiments Exactly

I love Diane Keaton. Anyone who is already of fan of her, knows why. If you're not a fan of her, I'm not going to explain it. In her November interview with More magazine, Keaton talked about her mother. As I read her words, I had a revelation. She was certain that her mother had artistic ambitions of her own, however quiet or unrealized. Dorothy (her mom) was an obsessive journal keeper, cramming scores of brick-thick notebooks with thoughts, photographs, doodles and collages. "My mother had that fantasy of more, a bigger life, expressing herself. You don't write all that unless you need to get the story of your life out. You're saying, 'I'm here. I want to express what it meant to me.'" OMG, if her mother was alive today, she would have been blogging! The idea of saying "I'm here. I want to express what it all meant to me" is exactly how I feel. I've never seen anyone put it into better words than Diane Keaton.

No comments:

Post a Comment