Wednesday, September 29, 2010

You Broke My Will, Oh What a Thrill. Jerry Lee Lewis (no, not Jerry Lewis....... the musical one)


Today is the birthday of rock & roll legend Jerry Lee Lewis, he is 75.

Dear Jerry,
I have always been a big fan of yours. I love your piano style, and the way you flip your hair around when you sing. Living to 75 is a great testament for someone in your profession, lots of rock singers don't make it past 40. One in particular, shall we name him Big E, died too young from too much of everything (isn't that gluttony?). Anyways, you stuck to your guns when everyone turned on you for marrying your 13 year old cousin. Your career took a big hit because of that, but you made it through the scandal. And you never started taking karate as a desperate attempt to keep from being fat, I love that about you.
I hope you have a really good day, and celebrate it with your closest friends & family.
You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain. Happy Birthday!
Your friend,
Diane xo

No comments:

Post a Comment