Friday, January 29, 2010

Guys Like That Don't Wear Plastic

So, Cute Hubby and I were in the diner having breakfast, as we tend to do from time to time, because we are just that wild and exciting. Sitting at the counter were two good old boys having their coffee. They had on wrangler jeans, plaid flannel shirts, and cowboy belts. We were NOT at the counter, as that is a last resort for us; we prefer the booth because we're obviously special.

CH: What are you looking at?

Me: (sipping coffee) I'm looking at that guy's cowboy belt.

CH: (spearing a piece of egg like a true hunter) Why?

Me: Because I was admiring how well made it is. I mean, look at it. Silver buckle, hand tooled leather, and braided leather trim. It's awesome.

CH: (pushing his toast into his cheek with his tongue so he can talk)It's aluminized plastic tubing.


Me: No it's not. It's real leather.

CH: He probably bought it at the Tractor Supply store.

Me: (spreading 1/2 a packet of jelly onto my toast) I don't think so. It's real.

CH: (disdainfully chewing the last piece of undercooked bacon) What makes you think it's real?

Me: I don't think he's the kind of guy who wears plastic. He looks like he means business to me.

I think I was right. Those two good old boys just drank their coffee and barely exchanged two words. They looked a little tough from years of hard work and supporting their families. Guys like that don't wear plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment