Sunday, February 22, 2009

Where Did the Time Go?



It doesn't seem like that long ago. The 80's. Terrible decade for style, but maybe for me, that was because I was having babies and didn't have a whole lot of time to concentrate on fashion. I wore some really terrible, bright outfits back then.

When I look at fashion today, I gravitate towards classics. No t-shirts with messages, no crazy hair colors, definately no scary make-up, and no safety pins as accessories. Luckily, finding classic pieces is a cinch; they are plentiful and cheap on clearance and at the thrift shops. New twists on the old classics will generally cost you more. There are also middle of the road classics, not too pricey but not cheap, and these can be found at finer department stores and catalogs like J Crew and L.L. Bean. (Avoid Vermont General Store if you don't want to wind up looking like a cousin to a Yeti)

With a 2 year old grand daughter, I am just as short on time as I ever was. But my matured sense of style doesn't let me fall short on style. And to this day, I love to dance around to those great 80's tunes....with a very short dance partner wearing oddly familiar bright colored clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment