Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bruce Springsteen on the Daily Show


My sister took me to see Bruce Springsteen in concert in Philly in 1975, and of course, he was awesome. People were lined up around the block, clutching their tickets, waiting to get inside. And there were people without tickets, trying to buy ours for $50.oo, which was a lot of money back then. If you click on the image, it will come up large and you will see that my ticket cost $7.50. To this day, it was the best concert I have ever been to. Bruce was personable, talking to the audience and telling stories between songs, while sitting on the edge of the stage. We loved him, and we still do. One of my favorite songs by him is his acoustic version of Thunder Road.
So, here we are, 33 1/2 years later, and Bruce is still going strong. He was just on the Daily Show, which I beg you to take a look at, and he does not look at all his age, 60. He is as hot as he ever was. Click on the title - Bruce Springsteen on the Daily Show - to watch the video clip. And then you tell me, do you think he looks a day over 48? Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment