Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fantasy Vacation


I'm back, oh loyal ones, after a bit of r&r and lots of running around. I'm lucky to have made it to the airport, as cute hubby forgot the way. The conversation in the car went something like this:

Cute hubby- I think our exit is coming up in about 5 miles.
Me- No, I don't think so. Our exit is almost here. I think that's it right up there. Yep, I'm pretty sure that's it. Yup, that one right there. The one you just passed.
Cute hubby- No. that wasn't it. It's down this way.

We drove on a few miles and cute hubby realized we passed the exit.

Me- It's o.k. honey. Just turn around and go back. At least in the future, you'll always remember where the exit is after this.

Cute hubby is now red in the face and silent. He finds a place to turn around and heads back towards the exit.

Me- O.k., I think this is our exit coming up. Yep, that looks like it. That one right there. Pull onto the exit. This one. This exit. Do it. Now.

Cute hubby swerves onto the exit at the last second, scaring all of the other drivers within 100 feet of our car.

Cute hubby- Why didn't you tell me this was our exit coming up?
Me- (trying not to laugh or talk to him like he's 3) I did tell you. Remember? I said this was our exit coming up.
Cute hubby- I think we're going the wrong way. The airport is in the other direction.
Me- No. This is the right direction. If we go the other way, we'll be heading back towards the house. Keep going, we're only off course by ten minutes.

Finally, cute hubby sees a little green sign with a picture of an airplane on it. And all is right with the world once again.

(to be continued) hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment