Friday, July 31, 2009

This is Why Money is Better Than Fame



I was going to do a post today on how my pants fit better after doing a #2. Don't make that face, you probably wait until after you've gone to the bathroom to weigh yourself. Anyway, all of that went by the wayside after I realized that I had been given the Post of the Day Award from david-mcmahon. Thank you David!
David, who is an accomplished/published writer, has a blog called Authorblog. After reading Some of This is True, Joanna told David to come on over and read it.
Thank you Joanna!
So, this morning I realized that I had tons of new comments on the story from a bunch of people I didn't know, and that they had come over because of the award that I didn't know anything about. This is compounded by the fact that I've had an offer to write a children's book. I am feeling writer's block starting to creep and twist around me like a pesky vine. And I'm thinking that some of my new followers may leave once they realize that this is not the classy blog they thought it was.
How could I have not have seen this coming? When I was in high school, I had an English teacher who always supported my writing, even though I tortured him somewhat. He was an older gentleman with a hearing aid. We had a t.v. in the classroom, and when he wasn't looking, I would turn the "picture" off and adjust the sound to make a small ringing noise. Then he would keep tapping on his hearing aid, which was a great distraction from The Grapes of Wrath. At other times, my classmates and I would only "mouth" our responses to him. When he turned up his hearing aid, we would talk really loud then. We would all giggle like the bad children that we were. He was a great old guy and a really good sport. I actually really loved him. I think he knew that.
Soooo.....in the classic style of the lovable ostrich, and without further ado, I will hide my head in the sand, and leave you with this photograph from APC's 2010 Fall Campaign. And then I'm going to a yard sale. Gotta go. You can stay if you like and talk among each other about what a great future lays in store for me, and how I deserve it, and stuff like that. Don't forget to shut off the coffee pot before you leave. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment