Friday, February 26, 2010

Ghost Dog and White Pain Faced Man


We got pounded by snow again last night. This year's snow totals are the highest since 1979. Everything has taken on a kind of a ghostly look: The snow blowing sideways in the night, the snow dunes, even the neighbor's dogs. When the dogs run through the snow, you can't see their legs so they look like they're floating. Floating slowly across a snow duned landscape.

Cute Hubby's having some strange pain, we think it might be a kidney stone, ugh. We have no medical insurance, surprise! So, he's drinking lots of water, and hoping to be able to deal with the pain until he passes it. There might be a trip to the ER in the near future. I'll be working later, so I've left him with a list of phone numbers in case the pain comes back. Stop making that face at me, I tried my best to get out of working, o.k.? Done judging? Good, so anywhoooo, I might be a little scarce the next few days. I don't know, we'll see. I keep imagining getting really reamed out by the doctor for not bringing him in sooner:

Doctor: (looking sternly over his spectacles at me)Tell me again why you didn't bring him in sooner.

Me: He's a survivalist, and also, he doesn't trust doctors.

The conversation spirals quickly downward from there. Use your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment