Friday, February 19, 2010

A Yardstick for Lunatics


This is a small selection of stuff I was forbidden to watch on t.v. when I was a kid, basically because they were "demonic".
I would sneak over to my friend's house after school in 6th grade to watch Dark Shadows, the most ridiculous vampire show in history.
I thought Agnes Moorehead's make-up in Bewitched was genius, I still do.
Mike Nesmith of the Monkees was too cool. In 1981, his company, Pacific Arts, put out "video records". Yep, you got it, the first music videos.
Laugh-In was political satire at it's finest. They poked fun at everything, and made people laugh hard at themselves and their cocktail generation.
I Dream of Jeannie poked fun at Nasa, what more needs to be said about that?
I never saw the harm in any of these shows. To this day, I still love What Am I Doin Hangin Round, sung by the Monkees.




No comments:

Post a Comment