Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lucio Fulci's "The Gates of Hell"



Dr. Zibbs of That Blue Yak and I were recently agreeing that the cinemas should play old horror pictures. Notice the playbill for what's playing, no great shakes there. But taped up in the front window is a sign for Lucio Fulci's "The Gates of Hell". Go ahead and click to enlarge the image, I'll wait...............Looks pretty good, right? Lucio Fulci is one of the old italian horror masters, right up there with Dario Argento and Mario Bava.
I've been watching horror movies for a long time, and consider myself somewhat of connoisseur, but I have NEVER seen one of the italian greats on the big screen.
For you local yocals, mark your calendar for Saturday June 20th, at 9:30 p.m., but you'll want to get there early.

No comments:

Post a Comment