Sunday, June 21, 2009

Night Out at the Movies




Last night I took Cute Hubby to see Lucio Fulci's The Gates of Hell, for father's day. As we waited in the ticket line, the attendant was obviously flustered and trying to find the right tickets for the people ahead of us. He called the manager's office for help, but no one answered. I thought the man was going to have a melt down, although I couldn't see why. There was a family of five in front of us that wanted tickets for the show, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show after that. Simple. It took at least 5 minutes by the clock for the attendant to produce the tickets. Cute Hubby and I got our tickets without a hitch and proceeded down to the table with the comic books and t-shirts. I'm sorry about the blurry photo, I was being pushed and shoved around by the crowd of 15 people who showed up for the film. The girl who took the photo of Cute Hubby and I was a self-proclaimed "professional" photographer. Her photo is blurrier than mine.
We got our popcorn, candy, and soda, and went into the auditorium to find our seats. The owner of Mazz Press gave a small speech about the film and then the previews started. The previews were all original from the 70's; Phantom of the Paradise, American Pop, Heavy Metal, and some minor B-movies. They were great!
The Gates of Hell was really gory, which led to lots of hiding my eyes and squeezing Cute Hubby's bicep throughout the film. Towards the end, the audience members who were also there for The Rocky Horror Picture Show, decided to yell out funny remarks and running commentaries. I guess they were warming up for their main event.
All in all, it was great fun. The weather was rainy and we drove there in the 63' Chevy Belair, adding to the creepy ambiance of the evening. Cute Hubby complimented my outfit by telling me that I looked like Daria Nicolleti, mother of Asia Argento, Nice.

What are you doing for father's day? For all of you who are fathers, I hope you have a nice day. For the rest of you, I hope you spoil those dads today. Have a nice day. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment