Tuesday, June 23, 2009

That Road, The One That's Paved With Good Intentions


Look at this beautiful girl. Doesn't she look like she deserves a birthday card? Well, today is her birthday, she's my sister, and like a moron I forgot to mail her a card.

This is the girl who used to get beat for stuff I did when we were kids.
This is the girl who used to bring me groceries when I didn't have enough money to feed my kids.
This is the girl who used to sing to me and brush the hair back off of my face when I was 5.
This is the girl who pays the airfare for me to come visit her once or twice a year.
This is the girl who stood in her older sister's shadow in high school.
This is the girl who took me on my first cruise, and paid extra so we could have the only penthouse suite on the ship.
This is the girl who has always been there for me.

I could go on listing all of her virtues, but I'm running out of Kleenex.
I meant to send that card, and then I got caught up in the little details of my life, and I forgot. Meant to, schmeant to, good intentions never helped anyone.

Hey, did I tell you about my sister? She's the girl in the photo. Doesn't she look like she deserves a birthday card?

No comments:

Post a Comment